Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things have been relatively quiet here. Work is settling into the summer rhythm and I'm enjoying the change of job. Using a different part of your skill set is the next best way for a change short of a vacation. With the cooler than usual summer weather, the number of families who attend our summer programs have been nice sized groups to work with.

Managed to make a quick trip to Romni on my way to pick up my son for the weekend. 20% off all yarn was just too tempting to miss and I kept my visit short so I didn't break the budget. As usual I came home with sock yarn - some pretty Regia in a mauve, taupe, green, blue and yellow (a Kaafe Fasset colourway) and then Berrocco Metalicc Sox in shades of blue. May have to look at more of this yarn for socks for the daughters. Daughter #3 was quite taken with the sparkle!

The silk shawl has become my travelling project following me to work and other appointments. I'm up to 95 stitches in a row and need to continue until I have a 130 stitches before I bind off and start the edging. The green baby blanket I started last week has been put aside for a bit since it is now for a co-worker who is due in the fall. I just found out that my relative is having a baby girl so I have started another Sejia blanket but this time using Bernat's Cottontots in country red, country taupe and doll house. Cottontots is a yarn I've always wanted to try and and the cotton should be perfect for a new summertime girl. The blankets aren't that large - they are designed for use with a carseat so they actually work up quite fast.

My cross-stitch & beading stashes are starting to call my name again and so I'm trying to hold off on moving what is in my craft room storage dresser to my husband's armoire anticipated moving adventure #1. I'm a little scared that if I move things around I'll get sidetracked from the 3 projects that I need to get done - it's that tendency to craft attention deficit that is rearing its ugly head again.

As for the move to Calgary, the reps from the two moving companies came by last night and went through what I'm planning to send. And I was prepared for them with itemized (by room) lists and post-its on everything that was going to go this round. Next step is waiting to hear which company wins the bid and what kind of timeline I have for getting packing done. Went through the DVD's tonight and have separated them out. Hopefully the decision will come soon and I can get the boxes and start packing those things that I said I wanted to pack.

Tonight is garbage night so I'm off to get all the yard waste and recycling organized for the morning and then some quality time with my crochet hook and a good movie.

take care
L

No comments:

Post a Comment